Are you a staff or faculty member responsible for purchasing supplies for your department? If so, please note the following changes to ordering toner cartridges for Hewlett Packard (HP) printers:
The College has contracted with pcAge, through whom all offices will purchase toner cartridges for Hewlett Packard (HP) printers.
- pcAge will provide parts and service for our HP campus printers (includes libraries, labs, and office printers in every department).
- The College must use pcAge cartridges exclusively to realize the savings this contract offers, and to be eligible for parts and service from pcAge
- All printing problems must be reported to the Bryn Mawr Help Desk, not to pcAge. The Help Desk will determine whether or not a referral needs to be made to pcAge for printer service, or whether the problem can be addressed in-house. Typical pcAge response time is 1 business day.
- pcAge has supplied us with pre-paid UPS shipping labels. Please use this label to return empty pcAge cartridges for recycling
- Departments remain responsible for paying for their own toner
- pcAge does not service Ricoh printers - please call the number on the machine sticker for service.
The entire campus should be ordering toner cartridges from pcAge by the end of Fall Break 2010. Before October 18th, 2010:
- Use or return any remaining black & white HP cartridges to your previous vendor for a refund
- Begin purchasing toner cartridges from pcAge
- Continue reporting ALL printing problems to the Bryn Mawr Help Desk
- Be aware that technicians from pcAge will be servicing your area's printers
- We have been piloting this service in Carpenter and Collier libraries since April 2010 with great success. The rest of Information Services transitioned to pcAge's service plan in early August 2010.
- pcAge will be the only vendor in SciQuest, the College's new purchasing system, that supplies toner.
- pcAge will supply HP compatible cartridges for black & white and color printing. HP compatible cartridges are significantly less expensive than genuine cartridges. They are well-tested, reconditioned toner cartridges that are imperceptibly different from genuine cartridges. Using them in place of genuine cartridges could save us up to $100.
- Technicians from pcAge will respond to service calls from the Bryn Mawr Help Desk in one business day, and will perform repairs and routine maintenance on all campus printers. This will allow IS technicians to turn their attention to other kinds of service requests. The College will save money by no longer purchasing replacement printer parts.